- This event has passed.
Real Answers for Sensory Processing Impairments
- List the major types of helpful interventions
- Depict key indicators of all four types of SPIs
- Describe how to help a sensory seeking child or teen
- Improve muscle control involving various body parts
- Help the brain normalize arousal level to sensory inputs
- Provide solutions for troublesome sensory avoidance
- Use fresh, new terminology for training others
- …and much, much more
John F. Taylor, Ph.D. is a clinical specialist and a nationally-known author and speaker. Dr. Taylor has treated hundreds of children and adolescents who were displaying misbehavior at all levels of psychopathology.
The author and producer of over 200 professional journal articles, newspaper and journal columns, books, video DVDs, audio CDs and booklets, Dr. Taylor is perhaps best known for his landmark parent-teacher-counselor guidebook ”Helping Your ADD Child,” his best-selling “The Survival Guide for Kids with ADHD.” and his definitive parenting guidebook about oppositional and defiant children and teens “From Defiance to Cooperation.”
His publications for professionals have included numerous articles in professional journals, and books including “Diagnostic Interviewing of the Misbehaving Child,” “Understanding Misbehavior,” and “Anger Control Training for Children and Teens.” Dr. Taylor has been a psychology instructor at UT-Chattanooga and two community colleges. He has presented seminars to clinicians, therapists, teachers and parents nationwide.
FINANCIAL: John Taylor is compensated by PESI as an instructor.